School Social Worker
Location: Carlsbad, NM
Employment Type: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Contact: Victoria Pope 678-710-7674
- W2 employee status.
- Access comprehensive insurance coverage, including customizable medical, dental, and vision packages.
- Plan for your future with retirement options that include 401k company matching.
- Receive ongoing support from our advisory team throughout your assignment.
- Earn a competitive hourly rate, which is based on factors such as your experience, credentials, specific caseload, and performance during the interview process.
- Enjoy the convenience of direct deposit every Friday.
- Explore potential additional career opportunities within our organization.
As a School Social Worker in Carlsbad, NM, you will play a crucial role in supporting the emotional, social, and educational well-being of students within the school district. You will collaborate with educators, administrators, students, and families to provide essential social work services and interventions. This position encompasses both general social work duties and specialized services for students with special needs.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Conduct thorough assessments of students' social, emotional, and behavioral needs to identify challenges and develop appropriate intervention plans.
- Individual and Group Counseling: Provide counseling and support services to students individually or in group settings to address various issues such as emotional difficulties, behavioral problems, and social skills development.
- Crisis Intervention: Respond to and manage crises within the school environment, providing immediate support and coordinating necessary resources.
- Case Management: Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special needs, ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with teachers, administrators, parents, and external agencies to facilitate communication and create a supportive network for students.
- Advocacy: Advocate for students' rights and access to services, both within the school system and the broader community.
- Prevention Programs: Plan and implement programs and initiatives that promote mental health, conflict resolution, and positive social behavior among students.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and confidential records of all interactions, assessments, and interventions in compliance with school policies and legal requirements.
- Master's degree in Social Work (MSW).
- Current licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Bachelor Social Worker (LBSW), if applicable.
- Knowledge of special education laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Experience in a school setting is preferred but not required.
- LCSW: $40-$44 per hour
- LBSW: $35-$38 per hour
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students and are a qualified social worker, we encourage you to reach out to Brittany Mohundro at the provided contact number to discuss this exciting opportunity further. Join our team in Carlsbad, NM, and contribute to the educational success and emotional well-being of students in your community.
Brittany Mohundro, 470-299-1186