Blazer Jobs is currently seeking an experienced Paraprofessional for a full-time contract position in Kalamazoo, MI. The successful candidate will play a vital role within the school community, providing essential support to educators and students. Candidates must meet all local and state regulations for employment in this role, and experience with special education students and families is highly preferred.
- Provide individualized or small group support to students with diverse learning needs, under the guidance of certified teachers.
- Assist students with academic tasks across various subjects, including reading, writing, math, and other core areas of instruction.
- Support the implementation of individualized education plans (IEPs) and behavior intervention plans (BIPs) for students with special needs, ensuring goals and objectives are met.
- Collaborate closely with classroom teachers and other educational professionals to develop and implement effective instructional strategies and accommodations for students.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes student engagement, participation, and independence.
- Assist with the management of classroom behavior and provide positive behavior support, reinforcing desired behaviors and helping students develop self-regulation skills.
- Support students with personal care tasks, including toileting, feeding, and mobility, while ensuring safety, dignity, and confidentiality.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with students, parents, and colleagues to provide updates on student progress, address concerns, and collaborate on strategies for student success.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, progress, and behavior, and assist with data collection and reporting as needed.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge in supporting students with diverse needs and building inclusive learning environments.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation with weekly direct deposit
- Health care options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Other traditional benefits
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate s or bachelor s degree preferred
- Previous experience working with students in a school or educational setting, with a focus on special education preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with special education students and families highly preferred
- Ability to pass background checks and meet all requirements set forth by local and state regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexibility, patience, and adaptability in a dynamic work environment
Renewal Opportunities: This district may offer renewal opportunities based on performance while on contract.
How to Apply: Qualified professionals may email their resume to [email protected]. For a quicker response, please call or text Mallory at 813-579-3036.