Responsible for facilitating ARD meetings and assisting in the development of the students’ Individualized Education Programs (IEP) and completion of required ARD paperwork. They will communicate with campus staff and parents before and after ARD Committee meetings in preparation/follow-up activities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Participate in ARD Committee meetings on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop IEP through the ARD Committee process for each student assigned.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods in accordance with district requirements.
- Assists in the selection of appropriate instructional accommodations and supplemental aids as necessary.
- Assesses the progress of students on an annual basis.
- Assume responsibility for duties.
- Assist in orienting new instructional staff in the ARD process.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in the district professional development program.
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
- Observe professional and ethical standards in accordance with generally accepted community standards and the Texas Education Agency code of ethics.
- Keep informed of and comply with federal state, district, and school regulations and policies.
- Assume responsibility for compiling, maintaining, and filing all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in compliance meetings and activities.
- Perform such duties as may be assigned or as may be necessary for job effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- Valid teaching certificate for subject\grade level assigned
- Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area
- Knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and Individual
- Educational Plan (IEP) goal setting process an implementation
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to work well with a diverse population
If interested in this ARD-facilitator opportunity, please send an up to date resume to the hiring manager Nicole Schuler @ [email protected] To speak with her directly please call or text 813-776-0837.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
National Hiring Manager