Blazerworks, in partnership with a district in Portland, OR, is currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Special Education Teacher to join our team. As a Special Education Teacher, you will play a vital role in providing specialized instruction and support to students with diverse learning needs. If you are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of students and possess the necessary skills and qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
- Develop and implement Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for students with special needs.
- Provide differentiated instruction and accommodations to meet the individual learning styles and abilities of students.
- Utilize various teaching strategies and resources to promote student engagement and academic progress.
- Collaborate with general education teachers, administrators, and parents to develop effective educational plans and strategies.
- Monitor student progress, collect data, and conduct assessments to evaluate student performance.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress, attendance, and behavior.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes respect, acceptance, and emotional well-being.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, professional development workshops, and team collaboration sessions.
- Stay informed about current trends and best practices in special education through continuous professional growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Valid teaching certification in Special Education.
- Experience working with students with diverse learning needs, preferably in a school setting.
- Strong knowledge of special education laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with special needs.
- Ability to adapt instructional strategies and accommodations to meet individual student needs.
- Organizational skills to maintain accurate records and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Familiarity with assistive technology and other specialized tools for special education.
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- 401(k) options for long-term financial planning.
- Professional support and mentorship to enhance your teaching skills and career growth.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students with special needs.
To Apply: Please email your resume to [email protected] for consideration.
National Hiring Manager