Blazer Jobs is currently seeking an experienced Paraprofessional for a full-time contract position in San Bernardino, CA. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in providing support to educators and students within a school-based environment. Candidates must meet all local and state regulations for employment in this role, and experience with special education students and families is highly preferred.
- Provide individualized support to students with diverse learning needs, working under the direction of certified teachers to facilitate academic growth and achievement.
- Assist students with completing assignments and understanding instructional materials across various subjects, including reading, writing, math, and more.
- Support the implementation of individualized education plans (IEPs) and behavior intervention plans (BIPs) for students with special needs, ensuring that goals and objectives are addressed and progress is monitored.
- Collaborate closely with classroom teachers and other educational professionals to develop and implement effective instructional strategies and accommodations to meet the unique needs of each student.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes student engagement, participation, and independence.
- Assist with managing classroom behavior and providing positive behavior support, reinforcing desired behaviors and helping students develop self-regulation skills.
- Support students with personal care tasks, including toileting, feeding, and mobility, while upholding their dignity and ensuring their safety and well-being.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with students, parents, and colleagues to provide updates on student progress, address concerns, and collaborate on strategies for student success.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, progress, and behavior, and assist with data collection and reporting as needed.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge in supporting students with diverse needs and building inclusive learning environments.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate: $24-$28/hour
- Weekly direct deposit
- Health care options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Other traditional benefits
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate s or bachelor s degree preferred
- Previous experience working with students in a school or educational setting, with a focus on special education preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with special education students and families highly preferred
- Ability to pass background checks and meet all requirements set forth by local and state regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexibility, patience, and adaptability in a dynamic work environment
Renewal Opportunities: This district may offer renewal opportunities based on performance while on contract.
How to Apply: Qualified professionals may email their resume to [email protected]. For a quicker response, please call or text Mallory at 813-579-3036