We are partnering with a local school district in Hackensack, NJ to hire an experienced School Nurse (RN) for a fulltime onsite contract assignment working with elementary school for the remainder of the current school year.
The hired RN will be working fully onsite with K-5 students at an assigned school and will be working 30 to 37.5 hours per week minimum, Monday to Friday. No overtime and all holidays/school breaks scheduled off.
- Provide direct skilled nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, state, and local mandates.
- Administer medications and treatments as a professional nurse according to school district policy (e.g., glucose testing, medication administration, nebulizer/inhaler treatments, etc.)
- Maintain a daily log of health office visits including student visits and actions taken.
- Conduct health care assessment and decision making based on medical knowledge and licensure.
- Conduct vision and hearing screenings and other screenings as assigned.
- Delegate nursing functions as necessary, with appropriate assessment, teaching, monitoring and supervision according to the Minnesota Nursing Practice Act.
- Maintain confidentiality and data privacy Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, and staff Maintain and update health records, immunization files, and records.
- Assist Licensed School Nurse in the development and implementation of IEP, IHP, and other health planning for students under their license and direction. Participate on Child Study Team, assist Licensed School Nurse in assessment, development, and implementation of IEP, IHP and other health plans for students under their license and direction, submit Third Party Billing as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The hired RN must have the following qualifications:
- Active New Jersey state nursing license
- Active BLS Certification (AHA only)
- At least 1+ year of nursing experience
- Prior pediatric nursing experience required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) required
- Experience with trach care, maintenance, suctioning, etc. preferred
- 401K with employer match
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Competitive pay
- Weekly direct deposit
- Nationwide multidisciplinary advisory + resource team access
Interested in this contract position in Hackensack, NJ? We would love to talk with you about joining our team. To apply, email your updated resume (Word Doc or PDF) to:
Sr. Recruiting Advisor