Elementary Special Education Teacher (ED)
Location: Winchester, VA
Hourly Rate: $34-$37 per hour
Job Description: We are seeking experienced and dedicated Elementary Special Education Teachers with expertise in handling emotionally disturbed students. Candidates with prior experience in higher behavioral needs classrooms are preferred. Join our team to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students with diverse emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Instructional Planning: Develop and implement effective lesson plans that are tailored to meet the specific learning needs of emotionally disturbed elementary students.
- Individualized Education Plans (IEPs): Collaborate with the IEP team to develop, implement, and monitor individualized education plans for each student, ensuring their unique goals and objectives are addressed.
- Behavioral Management: Implement evidence-based strategies for behavior management, crisis intervention, and de-escalation techniques to create a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Progress Monitoring: Regularly assess and document student progress, adjusting instruction and interventions as needed to support their emotional and academic growth.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other school professionals, including counselors, therapists, and support staff, to provide a holistic approach to students' emotional and academic well-being.
- Communication: Maintain open and effective communication with parents, caregivers, and other stakeholders to keep them informed about students' progress and to address any concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Teaching certification in Special Education.
- Prior experience working with emotionally disturbed elementary students, especially in higher behavioral needs classrooms.
- Strong knowledge of special education laws and regulations, including IEP development and implementation.
- Proficiency in behavior management techniques and crisis intervention strategies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine commitment to helping students with emotional and behavioral challenges succeed.
To Apply: Please contact Brittany Mohundro at 470-299-1186 to apply directly, or you can email your resume by clicking here.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance package options.
- Retirement planning options, including company matching 401k.
- Advisory team assistance from school-based professionals to support you throughout your assignment.
- W2 employee status.
- Dedicated representative to advocate for you throughout your assignment.
- Access to explore other job opportunities.
- Competitive hourly rate based on your experience, caseload, credentials, and interview performance.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of emotionally disturbed elementary students and have the experience to excel in this role, we invite you to join our team. Together, we can provide the support and guidance needed to help these students thrive academically and emotionally.
Brittany Mohundro, 470-299-1186