Blazerworks is seeking a skilled and dedicated Sign Language Interpreter to join our team for the Extended School Year (ESY) program in Savannah, GA. As a Sign Language Interpreter, you will provide vital communication support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing, ensuring their access to educational opportunities during the summer program. This is a temporary, part-time position with the possibility of consideration for the 2023-2024 school year. If you are fluent in sign language, have experience working with students, and are passionate about facilitating inclusivity and accessibility, we encourage you to apply.
- Provide sign language interpretation for students who are deaf or hard of hearing during the ESY program.
- Facilitate effective communication between students, teachers, and other program staff members.
- Support students in accessing the curriculum, instructional materials, and classroom discussions.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to ensure the provision of appropriate accommodations and supports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of individualized education plans (IEPs) and support strategies.
- Maintain accurate records of interpretation sessions and student progress.
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL) and skilled in sign-to-voice and voice-to-sign interpretation.
- Previous experience working as a sign language interpreter, preferably in an educational setting.
- Strong knowledge of deaf culture, special education practices, and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of students and the program.
- A degree or certification in sign language interpretation or a related field is highly desirable.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Possibility of consideration for the 2023-2024 school year.
To apply, please submit your resume.
Blazerworks is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Account Executive - Blazerworks