Full-time School Psychologist
Location: Orange, NJ
Position Type: Full-time
Blazerworks is collaborating with the local school district in Orange, NJ, to recruit a dedicated and compassionate full-time School Psychologist. This position offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including vision, medical, and dental options, advisory support, professional development opportunities, and renewal for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Conduct comprehensive psychological assessments to evaluate students' cognitive, academic, social, and emotional functioning.
- Interpret assessment results and provide recommendations to support students' academic success and socio-emotional well-being.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and families to develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) and behavior intervention plans (BIPs) for students with special needs.
- Provide counseling and therapeutic services to students individually or in small groups to address social-emotional concerns and promote positive behavior.
- Support school-wide initiatives related to positive behavior support, crisis intervention, and mental health awareness.
- Serve as a resource for teachers and staff regarding students' behavioral and learning needs, providing consultation and training as needed.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings, case conferences, and student support team meetings to coordinate services and interventions for students.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of assessment results, progress notes, and intervention plans in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Master's or Doctoral degree in School Psychology from an accredited program.
- Valid certification as a School Psychologist or eligibility for certification in New Jersey.
- Previous experience working as a School Psychologist in a school setting is preferred.
- Strong assessment skills and knowledge of psychological testing measures and practices.
- Ability to establish rapport with students, families, and school staff and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Commitment to promoting equity, inclusion, and cultural responsiveness in education.
- Proficiency in using technology for assessment, data collection, and progress monitoring.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about supporting students' social-emotional well-being and academic success in Orange, NJ, we encourage you to apply! Please email your resume and references to [email protected]. Please include "School Psychologist Application - Orange" in the subject line of your email.
Join our team at Blazerworks and make a difference in the lives of students by providing comprehensive psychological services and support. We look forward to receiving your application!
Application Deadline: Open until filled.