Full-time School Psychologist
Location: Tucson, AZ
Position Type: Full-time
Blazerworks is proud to partner with the school district in Tucson, AZ, to seek a dedicated and experienced School Psychologist to join our team. This is a full-time position offering comprehensive benefits, including vision, medical, and dental options, competitive pay, advisory support, professional development opportunities, and renewal for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Conduct psychological assessments to evaluate students' cognitive, academic, social, emotional, and behavioral functioning.
- Interpret assessment results and collaborate with school staff, parents, and other professionals to develop individualized intervention plans and support services.
- Provide counseling and crisis intervention services to students experiencing social-emotional difficulties or behavioral challenges.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and support staff to create a positive and inclusive school climate that promotes students' academic and social-emotional well-being.
- Participate in eligibility determination meetings and Individualized Education Program (IEP) team meetings to support the special education process.
- Support the implementation of evidence-based practices and interventions to address students' diverse needs and promote positive outcomes.
- Provide consultation and training to school staff and parents on topics related to student mental health, behavior management, and academic success.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records in compliance with state and federal regulations and professional standards.
- Master's or doctoral degree in school psychology from an accredited program.
- Valid certification or licensure as a school psychologist in the state of Arizona.
- Experience working as a school psychologist in an educational setting preferred.
- Knowledge of assessment techniques, intervention strategies, and best practices in school psychology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in education.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development and training activities.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about supporting student success and promoting positive mental health and well-being in schools, we encourage you to apply for this position. Please email your resume and references to [email protected]. Please include "School Psychologist Application - Tucson" in the subject line of your email.
Join our team at Blazerworks and help create a nurturing and supportive learning environment for all students. We look forward to receiving your application!
Application Deadline: Open until filled.