Blazer Jobs is currently seeking an experienced Paraprofessional for a full-time contract position in South Lyon, MI. The successful candidate will provide invaluable support to educators and students within a school-based environment. Candidates must meet all local and state regulations for employment and possess experience working with special education students and families.
- Assist certified teachers in implementing individualized education plans (IEPs) and behavior intervention plans (BIPs) for students with special needs.
- Provide direct support to students with diverse learning needs, including academic tasks, social skills development, and behavior management.
- Collaborate with teachers and other educational professionals to create and implement effective instructional strategies and accommodations.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment by promoting student engagement, participation, and independence.
- Support students with personal care tasks, such as toileting, feeding, and mobility, while ensuring their safety and well-being.
- Assist in managing classroom behavior and implementing positive behavior reinforcement techniques.
- Communicate regularly with students, parents, and colleagues to provide updates on student progress and address any concerns.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, progress, and behavior, and assist with data collection and reporting as needed.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge in supporting students with diverse needs.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation with weekly direct deposit
- Health care options
- 401(k) with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Other traditional benefits
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate s or bachelor s degree preferred
- Experience working with students in a school or educational setting, particularly with special education students and families
- Knowledge of and experience with special education laws, regulations, and best practices
- Ability to pass background checks and meet all requirements set forth by local and state regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues
- Flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic work environment
Renewal Opportunities: This district may offer renewal opportunities based on performance while on contract.
How to Apply: Qualified professionals may email their resume to [email protected]. For a quicker response, please call or text Mallory at 813-579-3036.