Job Title: Special Education Teacher
Organization: Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District
Location: Burnsville High School, Burnsville, MN
Start Date: January 8, 2024
End Date: June 7, 2024
Hours per Week: Full Time (8 hours per day)
Caseload: 8 students in a self-contained classroom, with additional responsibilities on a DCD team
Number of Positions: 1
- Must have a valid Minnesota teaching credential with any of the 6 Special Education endorsements
- Must have previous experience working as a special education teacher in a school setting
- Provide direct instruction to students with disabilities in a self-contained classroom setting.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with disabilities.
- Collaborate with general education teachers, paraprofessionals, and other school personnel to ensure that students with disabilities receive the support they need to succeed in school.
- Stay up-to-date on current special education practices and research.
- Serve as a member of the DCD team and provide support to students with developmental coordination disorders.
- Bachelor's degree in special education from an accredited program.
- Current Minnesota teaching credential with any of the 6 Special Education endorsements.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a special education teacher in a school setting.
- Strong knowledge of learning disabilities, developmental delays, and other special education needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- More competitive salary than other school districts in the area (salary will be negotiated directly with the district)
- Full access to like minded professionals on our BZW advisory team
We look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you for your interest!
Please send resume and cover letter to Kimani Mullins
(770) 776 - 2110