Our team is actively seeking an experienced and dedicated Social Worker (LMSW) to work part-time hours fully onsite with K-12 students for the 2023-2024 school year - in the De Soto, KS area.
Dates: ASAP May 23rd, 2024
- Part-time, 20 hours per week guaranteed
- Flexible schedule - able to work AM or PM every day
- Monday to Friday, normal school hours
- No overtime
- No paid holidays or school breaks
Caseload: K-5th grade; approx. 5-10 students
- Provide daily 1-1 or small group instruction and reinforcement in social-emotional skills and behavior regulation.
- Provide direct social work counseling services.
- Provide daily triage/check-ins with students.
- Reinforce proactive and positive intervention strategies.
- Support trauma-sensitive practices in daily instruction and interactions.
- Use Behavior Management Strategies to prevent, intervene and de-escalate crisis behaviors.
- Collaborate with special education teacher on the development of IEP goals and the Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Use progress monitoring data to make recommendations for adjustments to social-emotional and behavioral instruction and the behavior intervention plan.
- Provide support to increase student independence in the classroom during academic instruction.
- Provide student supervision and aid in academic instruction as needed.
- Attend monthly multidisciplinary team collaboration meetings.
- Attend weekly team meetings with paraprofessional staff to review updates to student plans , problem solve and provide just in time training.
- Complete district provided Crisis Prevention and Intervention training.
The hired candidate must have:
- At least 2+ years of supervised post MSW social work experience as a school social worker
- MTSS experience, FTA team experience, Bipps experience
- A Masters Degree in School Social Work
- An active Social Worker Kansas Teaching License in Social Work (LMSW)
If you are interested in being considered for this part-time 2023/2024 contract position in De Soto, KS - please apply below today with an updated resume (Word Doc or PDF).
Sr. National Recruiting Advisor