Are you a dedicated and passionate Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) looking for a new opportunity? A School District in Las Vegas, NM is urgently looking to hire for the remainder of the 2023-2024 School Year. If you re interested, please see details below!
Position: Sign Language Interpreter
Job Details & Responsibilities:
- Contract Assignment
- Dates: Immediate Start May 30, 2024
- Full-time: 37.5 hours per week
- Comply with the state approved Code of Ethics of the Education Profession and uphold and enforce department/unit rules, administrative directives and regulations, Board Policy, and State and Federal regulations.
- Provide tutoring support in academic skills, ASL and communication skills, and ASL-English interpretation consumer skills, through modeling and direct instruction.
- ASL support in concert with Deaf ASL mentor through NMSD, and following specifically designed curriculum modeled on the ASL CIA (Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment) guidelines for grade-level learning for ASL heritage students (see https://www.aslcia.net/)
- Contribute to and lead some staff training and awareness in working with D/HH students, and provide general informational support for hearing staff.
- Accompany and interpret for student on field trips to Deaf community events.
- Complete Medicaid billing for services provided to students in an efficient, comprehensive, and timely manner.
- Participate in state testing as a test administrator for students with modifications and/or accommodations as needed.
- The interview is conducted over Zoom with the School District. Additional responsibilities, district information, and questions will be discussed here.
- $30.00+ per hour depending on experience.
- New Mexico Public Education Department License for Interpreter for the Deaf
- Previous experience preferred
- Weekly W2 Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Matching
- Clinical Advisory Team Support
For immediate consideration or questions, please reach out to the recruiter below.
Guillermo Martinez | Recruiting Advisor | 678-920-5904