We are currently looking for a Paraprofessional to work with a school near Anoka, MN.
BACKFILL-- Paraprofessional (Captionist)
This is a paraprofessional level position but does require some training in captioning (client will train)
Will be supporting student at Champlin HS
- Student in male in 10th grade, on level classes. Great student- excels
- 7:10-2:15pm, lunch for 30 min
- Will caption his classes via a chrome book and he uses an tablet on his desk to see what she is typing
- 40 hour abbreviation training for the caption program provided by Anoka when the candidate starts
- 5 classes a day, doesn’t caption- 1 class you wouldn’t caption and would have a break
- Favorite part of job- a way to work with students without providing the teaching but impacting their learning
- Independent position, you don’t have to take work home.
- No sign language- student wears hearing aids and uses those to communicate when para isn’t there
- It’s a reference tool for him if he misses hearing something, maybe 20% of the time but he isn’t reading the caption word for word
- Weekly Competitive Compensation (W-2)
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
If interested, please call or text me at 470-880-5535. Thanks!