Blazerworks, in collaboration with a school district in Bessemer, AL, is seeking a dedicated and qualified Occupational Therapist for a full-time position during the 2023-2024 school year. As an Occupational Therapist, you will work closely with students to enhance their participation in daily activities, improve their motor skills, and support their overall development. This position offers competitive wages, medical options, 401(k) match, health and wellness reimbursements, and weekly pay.
- Provide direct occupational therapy services to students in elementary and middle school settings.
- Evaluate students' fine motor skills, sensory processing, visual-perceptual skills, and activities of daily living.
- Develop individualized treatment plans and goals based on assessment results and collaborate with other members of the educational team.
- Implement therapeutic interventions and activities to enhance students' motor skills, coordination, sensory processing, and self-care abilities.
- Monitor and document students' progress and adjust treatment plans as necessary.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to promote carryover of skills in the classroom and home environments.
- Provide guidance and support to educational staff regarding students' occupational therapy needs.
- Stay updated on current research and best practices in the field of occupational therapy.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program.
- Valid Occupational Therapist license in the state of Alabama.
- Previous experience working as an Occupational Therapist in a school setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of evaluation tools, therapeutic techniques, and intervention strategies for children with various disabilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
- Time management skills to effectively manage caseload and documentation.
Start/End Date: August 2023 - May/June 2024
Hours: Full-time, hours may vary based on the school schedule (20 hours per week).
If you are a qualified and compassionate Occupational Therapist seeking a rewarding opportunity to support students' development and well-being, we invite you to apply for this full-time position. To apply, please send your resume to [email protected]
National Hiring Manager Blazerworks