School Nursing is a specialized and rewarding practice that promotes academic achievement and overall student well-being in educational settings We are looking for nurses that have experience in schools, pediatrics, and 1:1 direct care. Please apply!
Start/End: ASAP-June 14, 2024
Hours: 35 hours/week
Job details: Multiple districts as well as their own schools/centers.
Will be assigned to one building that houses 3 specialized programs for children 3-22 years old.
- Administers emergency care to students as required, based on daily assigned building.
- Maintains current information regarding student physicals and immunizations.
- Confers with parents, teachers, and physicians as needed.
- Conducts annual vision and hearing screenings by the required date. Records are maintained on all screenings.
- Provides follow up to PAEC students who are not in compliance with public health mandates.
- Assists with the Inions Public Health Annual Summary reports.
- Assists in ordering supplies.
- Provides follow up calls to parents regarding attendance, medication, etc.
- Assists with in setting up medication schedules, packaging medication, and the administering of medication.
Required or Non-negotiables: RN License (and PEL with School nurse endorsement for CSNs)
- Four-year bachelor s degree in nursing and be a registered nurse to meet school healthcare standards
- Active RN state and/or compact license
- Must be skilled in pediatric health, public health, and mental health practicing