School Social Worker | Sebring, FL
We are looking for a compassionate, dedicated school social worker to assist in addressing the psychological and social well-being of our students. The school social worker's responsibilities include providing information to students, parents, and school staff, counseling students with personal and psychological issues, and addressing relevant issues in the school, such as school attendance, illegal drugs, teen pregnancy, and social adjustment issues. The school social worker will work with students in one-on-one, classroom, or school-wide sessions.
To be a successful school social worker, you should be dedicated to assisting our students, compassionate, and caring. You should also be knowledgeable of outside services, such as shelters, food banks, and medical care.
• K-12 Caseload
• Full Time 35 hours per week
School Social Worker Responsibilities:
• Counseling students with personal and psychological issues that affect their performance, behavior, and socialization in school.
• Providing counseling sessions, treatment plans, or workshops as necessary and establishing prevention programs and intervention plans.
• Communicating with students to determine the areas in which they may need assistance or counseling.
• Assisting teachers and administrators with behavioral and attitude issues by communicating with students to find the causes of their distress.
• Providing information, when appropriate, to outside support services to help students with economic, emotional, or physical issues.
• Assisting at-risk students or students with disabilities.
• Communicating with parents, teachers, and administrators to understand students' challenges.
• Maintaining case files and reports to track students' progress and problems.
• Helping students and families suffering from abuse, violence, hunger, or homelessness to access resources like shelters, food banks, and medical care.
School Social Worker Requirements:
• A bachelor's or master's degree in social work.
• A license and certification to practice social work.
• Experience in School Social Work may be advantageous.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Compassion and empathy for patients and students.
• Professionalism and discretion.
• Good relationships with relevant social services.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BLAZERWORKS:
• Full comprehensive benefits (Medical, Vision, And Dental)
• Competitive compensation based upon experience and opportunities for pay increases based upon performance
To be considered for the opportunity, please send a copy of your updated resume directly to me at [email protected] Once received, I will be in contact with you to get your interview availability.
Nicole Schuler | National Hiring Manager
Phone: (813) 776-0378
"*" indicates required fields