Job Title: ESE Paraprofessional
School District: Sarasota County School
City, State: Sarasota, FL
Start Date/End Date: ASAP - End date
Hours per Week: Full
# of Schools/Ages: Multiple schools; All ages
- Provide individualized support and instruction to students with special needs in a school-based setting.
- Assist teachers in implementing individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with disabilities.
- Work with students in small groups or one-on-one to help them achieve their academic goals.
- Monitor student behavior and implement behavior intervention plans (BIPs) as needed.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other school personnel to ensure that students with disabilities receive the support they need to succeed in school.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Passing score on the Para Pro Assessment Test or an Associate of Art's / Associate of Science Degree or sixty (60) hour equivalent from an accredited educational institution.
- Must successfully complete verbal and physical CPI training within the probationary period.
- May be required to register for and successfully complete forty (40) hours of training / workshops in the area of autism and/or related disorders to obtain ASD certification by the end of the probationary period.
- Competitive hourly pay and benefits package
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Professional development opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you
Kimani Mullins, Recruiter