We are currently seeking dedicated School Social Workers to join our team in De Soto, KS, starting ASAP and continuing until 5/23/24. This part-time position offers a unique opportunity to work in a specialized classroom for behavior, providing essential support to elementary-aged students.
- Start Date: ASAP
- End Date: 5/23/24
- Hours: Part-Time, 20 hours/week (approximately 4 hours/day)
- Flexibility: Schools are flexible on time, allowing for AM or PM shifts every day.
Responsibilities: As a School Social Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Providing daily 1-1 or small group instruction and reinforcement in social-emotional skills and behavior regulation.
- Offering direct social work counseling services.
- Conducting daily triage/check-ins with students.
- Reinforcing proactive and positive intervention strategies.
- Supporting trauma-sensitive practices in daily instruction and interactions.
- Utilizing Behavior Management Strategies to prevent, intervene, and de-escalate crisis behaviors.
- Collaborating with the special education teacher on the development of IEP goals and the Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Using progress monitoring data to make recommendations for adjustments to social-emotional and behavioral instruction and the behavior intervention plan.
- Providing support to increase student independence in the classroom during academic instruction.
- Offering student supervision and aid in academic instruction as needed.
- Attending monthly multidisciplinary team collaboration meetings.
- Attending weekly team meetings with paraprofessional staff to review updates to student plans, problem solve, and provide "just in time" training.
- Completing district-provided Crisis Prevention and Intervention training.
- State licensure as a Masters Level Social Worker (LMSW).
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a CSWE accredited social work program.
If you are a qualified and passionate School Social Worker looking for a rewarding opportunity, we encourage you to apply below with your updated resume. Interviews will be conducted promptly. Following your application, our team will reach out to discuss the next steps in the hiring process.
BlazerJobs | Account Executive