Sign Language Interpreter 2023-2024 School Year
The interpreter is a member of the educational team, serving staff as well as students, hearing as well as deaf people, by minimizing linguistic, cultural and physical barriers.
- Starting Pay: starting at $30 per hour
- Location: Durham, CA
- W2 contract position with benefits
- ASAP - May 2024
- Open positions for 1:1 and after school
- Interpret auditory and signed information which includes environmental sounds, teacher instruction, student questions, and peer communication as described in Code of Ethics for Educational Interpreters.
- Attend student s IEP Team meeting in order to provide information about the student s communication abilities and needs.
- Serve as a member of the educational team to provide direct support to students with deaf blindness as indicated in the students Individualized Educational Plan.
- Work effectively in close physical proximity to students who are primarily visual and tactile learners.
- EIPA score of at least a 3.5.
- Sign Language Interpreter Certificate
- Experience in schools preferred
- Competitive pay: starting at $30 per hour
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Friday is pay day!
All qualified candidates, connect with Lindsey for immediate consideration or if you have questions about this opening.
770-882-2045 Call or Text