Sign Language Interpreter 2023-2024 School Year
Sign Language Interpreter is one who facilitates communication among deaf and hearing persons in an educational environment through the use of techniques developed for communication between deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing persons. The interpreter is a member of the educational team, serving staff as well as students, hearing as well as deaf people, by minimizing linguistic, cultural and physical barriers.
- W2 contract position with benefits
- August 2023 - May 2024
- Starting Pay: starting at $30 per hour
- Open positions for 1:1 and after school
- Interpret auditory and signed information which includes environmental sounds, teacher instruction, student questions, and peer communication as described in Code of Ethics for Educational Interpreters.
- Attend student s IEP Team meeting in order to provide information about the student s communication abilities and needs.
- Serve as a member of the educational team to provide direct support to students with deaf blindness as indicated in the students Individualized Educational Plan.
- Work effectively in close physical proximity to students who are primarily visual and tactile learners.
- EIPA score of at least a 3.5.
- GaPSC credential for sign language interpreting.
- Experience in schools preferred
- Competitive pay: starting at $30 per hour
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Friday is pay day!
All qualified candidates, connect with Lindsey for immediate consideration or if you have questions about this opening.
770-882-2045 Call or Text