We are hiring a 1:1 Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) to work in our school district for the 2023-2024 School Year. Please see the details below.
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
PAY: 30+/hr (negotiable)
- Contract Position | Full Time
- Start/ End Date: ASAP- May 24th, 2024
- Caseload Details:
- 1:1 with elementary student
- On site only
- Zoom Interview
- Confer with educators to plan for interpreting.
- Provide interpreting during the school day in academic and non-academic settings.
- Attend student s IEP team meetings to provide information about the student s communication abilities and needs.
- Interpret auditory and signed information which includes environmental sounds, teacher instruction, student questions, and peer communication as described in Code of Ethics for Educational Interpreters.
- Bachelor s Level Degree in ASL or Educational Interpreting
- Active SLI National Certification
- Certifications: EIPA, RID and NIC
- Prior schools experience needed
- Must be level 2 or 3 on VQAS
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Health, Vision, Dental, Insurance
- Advisory Support
If this sounds like an exciting job opportunity, apply below. I look forward to speaking with you and answering any questions that you may have! Contact me directly to ensure an interview.
Sarah Edwards |678-951-0823