SPED: Special Education Teacher Positions needed near Ypsilanti, MI for 2022/2023 School Year
As one of the nation's largest healthcare staffing companies, we genuinely appreciate the opportunity to match highly qualified professionals in the positions that make a difference daily.
This is a contract position with a paid competitive hourly rate that includes both direct and indirect services. Weekly hours each week are guaranteed. Please see more details about this position below:
Hours & Caseload:
- Full-Time: 37.5hrs per week
- Caseload: 6th - 8th Grade
- Start Date: TBD
Education, Experience & License:
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Special Education
- State License
- Meets and instructs assigned classed in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement, by instruction and action, the district’s philosophy of educational and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested under reasonable terms.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and evaluates their job performance cooperatively with department heads.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
On-Site Benefits for Full-Time Candidates:
- Weekly competitive compensation (W-2)
- 401k Company Matching
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
Soliant Health Account Executive, Andre Cinicola would love to speak with you about this opportunity. Please contact her directly at (678)-497-4807 for more information and how to start the application process.