Come be a part of a helpful team! Our school is looking to hire a Paraprofessional (PARA)! If you are looking for a new school, a new job or even an opportunity to get into the school setting and would like to you have your weekends and summers to yourself.
Location: Arlington, MA
- Full Time
- ASAP - End of School Year
- contracted position
- performance based renewal
- Multiple Special Education caseloads available
- Assists in the instruction and training of students with from all disability categories, including those with severe disabilities and/or emotional/behavioral disabilities.
- Educational activities may include facilitating the development of academic, perceptual and psychomotor, social/behavioral, self-help, provocational and vocational, adaptive, and speech/language skills.
- Other activities include the delivery of related services such as behavior management, accompanying students on field trips and community outings, and hygienic assistance and care, including activities related to toileting and eating.
- Supervision of students may be conducted inside and outside the classroom. Employee may perform specialized physical health care services, e.g. tube feeding, catherization, tracheotomy suctioning and administering medication, when indicated in accordance with provisions in the Education Code.
- Duties may involve strenuous physical activities such as lifting students from wheel chairs. Training will be provided, as appropriate, in other specialized services (e.g. crisis prevention/physical management, CPR, discreet trial, occupational/physical therapy, inclusion/main streaming) and will carry out such services under supervision of a credentialed staff member.
- Clerical duties may include filing and duplicating materials, maintaining students records, computes and records data, and operates audio-visual and computer equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned based on student and program needs.
What is required:
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply below with your updated resume. Once applied, more information will be provided. From there, you will be given next steps for the hiring process. Feel free to reach out to me directly at my office number at 678-392-3216.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Micah Gibson, Recruiter